Originally incorporated in 1914 with bequests from the estates of Mary A. Avery and her brother, Orlando P. Fuller, the Avery-Fuller Children’s Center operated a facility in San Francisco providing aid to handicapped children. The foundation was renamed to honor Whiting Welch for his many years of dedicated service as President of the foundation.
Today, the mission of the Avery-Fuller-Welch Children’s Foundation is to provide grant funding for early intervention and professional guidance to children with physical, behavioral, emotional, and learning challenges.
Arlene Auerbach, President
David B. Flinn
Sherry Madding, Vice President & Secretary
Richard L. Oken, M.D., Treasurer
To review the foundation’s financial data and grantmaking history, please visit the following links: